The holidays are coming and if you’re anything like me you have a list of things that need to get done before you can truly enjoy time with family and friends. Generally, I make a plan and try to tackle at least one thing a day to avoid the last minute hustle and bustle. Otherwise, the busy preparations often lead to a depleted body, stressed mind, and empty wallet.
Here are some ideas to help prepare for holidays, while still nurturing the mind and body:
- Clear your mind by writing out gift ideas for each person on your list (categorized by store).
- Save time by purchasing online and use the free time to get your workout in most days of the week.
- Substitute one ingredient for a healthier choice in a family recipe and see if anyone notices.
- Choose one festive event to attend that brings you back to the true meaning of the holidays and bask in the moment.
- Be kind to yourself, if you have a loved one that is no longer with you this year take time to honor those feelings.
- Try breathing or meditation exercises – Insight Timer is a smartphone app that guides you through meditations and tells you how many people are meditating worldwide.